Are you going to open a restaurant? Thinking of how to decorate the foods the way they will look alluring? A glass cabinet can help you in a big way! A glass display cabinet is a way to place products and valuable goods without blocking customers’ view of the restaurant, and this technique will increase sales!
A glass cabinet is a stunning piece of furniture, not only for restaurants but also for home decoration to exhibit one’s dearest showpieces! The glass display cabinet is usually set in a clear-view area. But, as it is a visible centerpiece, it should be kept sparkling clean.
Most people get confused about how to clean a glass cabinet easily because the task is time-consuming and with great caution! Otherwise, the task can turn into a nightmare! Others get confused about what glass cleaner would be best suitable for them and have to waste a lot of money. But one can easily minimize this cost by using some remedies to make home-made cleaner!
Here you’ll find a complete outline on How to clean glass display cabinets in the easiest way! We’ll discuss various cleaning and painting display cabinets processes along with some DIY hacks! Before wrapping up, I would like to answer some common questions about cleaning the glass cabinets. Let’s get started!
- 0.1 Home Remedies to Clean Greasy Kitchen Glass Cabinets
- 0.2 Soaking the Glass in Warm Water
- 0.3 Isopropyl alcohol solution
- 0.4 TOP 7 Affordable glasses cleaner with price chart!
- 0.5 General tips to remember when cleaning glass cabinets
- 1 How to Clean a Glass Show-Case?
- 2 How to clean a Curio Cabinet?
- 3 How to clean a glass china cabinet?
Home Remedies to Clean Greasy Kitchen Glass Cabinets
Glass display cabinets are fashionable and convenient for storage space within the kitchen. But it needs to be neat and clean all the time. One doesn’t have to waste lots of money on glass cleaner for this. By using some simple home remedies, one can easily clean the Kitchen Glass Cabinets!
- Use vinegar: vinegar has an anti-grease element. Therefore, one can use vinegar with lime water to remove grease from glass surfaces. Pour the vinegar solution on a soft cloth and start rubbing on the surface that has grease on it.
- Use Baking Soda: Baking soda with hot water also works great for removing grease on the glass cabinet. Ammonia Solution: Ammonia is the most popular cleaning agent when it comes to glass cleaning. The solutions not only clean grease but also other types of dirt on the glass. Ammonia is available in a concentrated form. One just has to dilute the solution and then rub it on the glass.
TIPS: Never forget to wear a glove when handling the ammonia solution!!
Soaking the Glass in Warm Water
Hot water treatment has been applied since ancient times to wash glass materials. Till now, modern societies use this technique.
- Identify the glass shelves that have grease on them and separate them from the mainframe
- Soak them into a full hot water basin and leave it for 30 minutes
- Take a dumb yet clean cloth and rub the cloth on the grease place
- After removing the grease, clean it with another batch of clean water
TIPS: Many prefer to use soap water to clean glass materials. The process is fine for cleaning a glass piece but not for the glass cabinets. Soap water easily removes the grease and other types of dirt on the glass surface, but finally, it leaves streaks of the soap water on the glass surface. That looks dirty as well at the end of the day. Therefore, try to avoid soap water to clean your glass cabinets, showcases, tables.
Isopropyl alcohol solution
Using isopropyl alcohol and white vinegar together makes a quickly evaporating spray glass. It will also help the glass to shine.
TOP 7 Affordable glasses cleaner with price chart!
|Product name||Approximate price|
|Windex Glass and Window Cleaner Pump Sprayer, 12 fl oz – Pack of 12||$5.94|
|Method Cleaning Products Glass + Surface Cleaner, 28 fl oz||$3.29|
|ZEP Foaming Glass Cleaner||$3|
|Aunt Fannie’s Glass & Window Cleaning Vinegar Wash||$8.49|
|FORMULA 420 CLEANER||$11.95|
|Glass Plus Glass Cleaner, 32 fl oz Bottle||$12.86|
|Bio-Clean: Eco-Friendly Hard Water Stain Remover||$16.98|
General tips to remember when cleaning glass cabinets
Before going to the main topic, I want to share some general tips when cleaning, whether a glass cabinet or a glass table. The tips are applicable for both terms.
Always clean the glass from top to bottom. Because glass cleaners drip and the gravity also works from top to bottom. Use the tricks to use gravity to let the cleaner drip into areas one hasn’t washed yet.
- Wash a glass cabinet on a cloudy day: people generally prefer to clean glass cabinets on a sunny day. But in those days, the sun sucks the water on the glasses easily and leaves streaks. If one does this task on a cloudy day, there would be no streaks on the cabinets.
- Use a Squeegee: If one has a large glass door in the front Display cabinet, it would be wholesome to use a squeegee because the cloth can’t wash all the dirt at once and requires several wipes. Moreover, cloths leave streaks on the glass. A long squeegee will relieve you from all this harassment!
- Clean Corners: Never forget to clean the corners of the glass cabinet. Since these parts are hard to reach, one can use cotton swabs in this regard.
- Use of newspaper: Some people don’t like to use towels to clean glass cabinets or tables. They can use newspapers instead of towels. Moreover, the glass will be easily cleaned.
How to Clean a Glass Show-Case?
Glass cases give a very professional look, and many people prefer it since it is easier to clean than acrylic. However, the cleaning process may include:
- Remove the decorative items from the showcase
- Place them on a towel
- Now, clean the shelves and upper portion of the showcase with a microfiber cloth to remove the upper dust
- Then one can spray ammonia-based glass cleaner, like Windex, on the glass
- With the cloth, rub onto the glass into small circles to remove the sticky dirt and grease
- Let the glass dry
- Replace the showpieces on the shelves
How to clean a Curio Cabinet?
Whether one has a new curio cabinet or one-handed down through the generations, keeping the glass cabinet cleaned is the most crucial thing! Here are some super easy steps to clean a Curio Cabinet!
- Take a photo of the cabinet to set as the same way after cleaning
- Remove items from the curio cabinet
- Detach the glass shelves from the mainframe and keep them on a towel
- Wipe dust from the shelves and the inside and an outside glass of the curio cabinet with a clean, damp cloth
- Clean the corners and glass edges thoroughly
- Now wipe the shelves and the doors of the cabinet with a glass cleaner
- Fold the cloth to reveal a dry side and wipe the cleaner from the windows
- Replace the shelves and the items onto shelves
How to clean a glass china cabinet?
Cleaning the glass china cabinet requires a gentle hand, patience, and more time than one can imagine.
Instructions to clean a glass china cabinet
- Take a picture of each shelf of the cabinet.
- Remove the items from the cabinet and put them on a towel.
- Dust the cabinet with a clean, dry microfiber cloth. Don’t forget to clean the corners and wood as well.
- Clean the glass door of the cabinets with a glass cleaner. One can use store-bought cleaner and home-made cleaner as well to clean the glass. Now, wipe the glass with a cloth or newspaper.
- After cleaning the glass, it’s time to clean the wood. The cleaning method depends on the finishing type of the furniture.
- Replace the items on the shelf, and you’re good to go!
The best way to clean a glass table
The table is the most crucial piece of furniture in the dining room. A glass dining table is fashionable and trendy furniture to add a modern look to the dining interior. But if the table is not cleaned properly, it can be a bane to any dining interior! Here is the easiest way to clean a glass table with only 4 steps!
- Remove the dining or decorative items from the table
- Clean the table with a dry cloth to remove the upper dust and dirt
- Spray glass cleaner on the top of the table and smoothly rub the table using a clean microfiber cloth.
- Let the table dry and shine!
If one doesn’t want to use a glass cleaner, one can use ammonia solution or vinegar water with lemon juice instead of glass cleaner. It will save one’s money as well.
One has to hold the glass shelf with one hand, leaving the bottom on the towel. Then spray the upper and inside of the shelves with the glass cleaner and wipe. Finally, clean the shelves with a dirt-free cloth and let them dry.
One has to make a solution with distilled vinegar and warm water. Mix one-part distilled vinegar to 10 parts warm water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution on the glass and wipe the top to bottom motion. People can also clean the glass cabinets on a cloudy day to relieve them from streaks.
Mix 1 part softener into 4 parts water and store in a spray bottle. Apply a little solution to a clean cloth, wipe the surface, and then polish with a dry cloth.
Indeed, glass display cabinets and office storage cabinets are great pieces of furniture to enhance the beauty of one’s interior. But many think that keeping them cleaned is a costly and tedious task! But the process is neither costly nor tedious if one knows proper techniques and tools. The task also requires great patience. Otherwise, it can turn into a bane. Moreover, there are several DIY options that one can look for to save money!
In this article, I have best tried to explain the steps and tricks to clean the glass cabinet with some easy steps! After reading this article, now you know those proper techniques and methods to clean the glass cabinets efficiently!