Sectional is a great piece of sofa-type furniture that allows a modern look than the traditional one. And, ottoman furniture is an aesthetic addition to the sectionals in our living room space but how do we choose an ottoman for sectionals?
Well, itis an optimum asking question before purchasing a sofa, couch, lounger, or sectional for your living room space. Today, I have come with the best ottomans for sectionals with proper demonstrations to resolve the question like how should I purchase a sectional with a perfectly matched Ottoman? Read the full article to find out all of your answers about sectionals and their multifunctional usages.
Anyone who needs to look their room bigger, spends some cozy time with the family, regularly hosts a large group of people or extra storage space, or celebrating a movie night in the living room with an elite and sophisticated style- the sectionals sofa is a worthy consideration for them.
In this article, you will get a detailed review on the best Ottomans for Sectionals, a slipcover reviews. And, also a buying guide with FAQ that will provide the right information to choose you the best ottomans for sectionals.
- 0.1 What is Ottoman
- 0.2 Types of ottomans
- 0.3 Benefits of an ottoman
- 0.4 Our Top Picks based on customer review
- 1 Top 11 Best Ottomans for Sectionals Review
- 2 1) Shintenchi L-Shaped 3-seat Sectional Sofa Couch:
- 3 2) HONBAY Lift Top Rectangular Storage Ottoman Bench:
- 4 3) HONBAY Convertible L-Shaped Sectional Sofa Couch:
- 5 4) DHP Emily Sectional Futon Sofa Lounger Leather:
- 6 5) ZINUS Benton Sofa Couch:
- 7 6) Corner Sofa Sectional Futon 2-piece:
- 8 7) HONBAY Reversible L-Shape Sectional Sofa Couch:
- 9 8) Walsunny Convertible Sectional with Reversible Chaise:
- 10 9) HONBAY Convertible Sectional Leather:
- 11 10) HONBAY Convertible Sectional Modern:
- 12 11) Deep Dream Sectional Sofa Covers:
What is Ottoman
The ottoman is a multi-functional piece of furniture. People can use them as a seat, coffee table, storage space, footstool, or even as a small table for snack time! There are several designs and shapes of ottomans available in the markets. The stylish design complements one’s interior while the versatile usage has made them a must-have thing in modern life!
Types of ottomans
There are several types of ottomans available in the markets based on the design, shape, features, materials. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Square ottoman: A square-shaped ottoman is perfect for a sectional that has equal lengths on both sides.
- Round shape: Around ottoman is impressive for a sectional with a wedge or rounded corners.
- Rectangular Ottoman: If one has an L-shape sectional, a rectangular ottoman will fit precisely!
- Circle ottomans: These ottomans are great for mainly family grand-room.
- Most of the ottomans provide storage opportunities and are great for limited areas While there are also non-storage.
Generally, the ottomans for sectionals are built of leather, pleather, wool, chenille, woven cotton twill, velvet, rattan, microfiber, etc. Among them, leather and microfiber-built ottomans are more durable.
Benefits of an ottoman
One of the best advantages of an ottoman is its functionality. Some functionalities of ottomans are mentioned below:
- Great footrests: The soft material, the small size of the ottomans makes them ideal comforting footrests
- Storage: They are useful to keep the room tidier and make life easy to find small stuff at any time by increasing storage options.
- Coffee Tables: Ottomans can be placed beside a couch or sectionals to function as a coffee table.
- As A Focal Point: An ottoman with bright and contrasting colors can be used as a focal point in a room.
- Promote Good Posture: An ottoman is excessively helpful for relieving back pain and promoting a good posture.
Our Top Picks based on customer review
Best for Lightweight: Shintenchi L-Shaped 3-seat Sectional
“Fabric made cushions, metal legs sectional- great choice for those who like lightweight furniture”
Best Storage Ottoman: HONBAY Lift Top Rectangular Storage Ottoman Bench
“Made from finer wood and quality fabric- offers some excellent storage capacity- best choice as a larger & longer Ottoman”
Best at Price: HONBAY Convertible Sectional Modern
“Fabric and solid wood product material- comfortable designing- best choice at this range of price”
Best Leather Couch in Budget: DHP Emily Sectional Lounger
“Quality leather, storage capacity, modern style- multifunctional lounger great choice for a leather ottoman with sectional”
Best Little Couch: Walsunny Convertible Sectional
“Fabric made- comes with different colors- a good choice for a little couch”
Overall Best: HONBAY Convertible Sectional Leather
“From material to style- sturdiness and comfort – best budget-friendly leather sectional with an ottoman- high customer satisfaction positive rating”
Best Seating Capacity: HONBAY Reversible L-Shape Sectional Sofa Couch
“Made from chenille fabric, wood frame- seat height 19 inches- ergonomic design- best seating capacity of 4 persons”
Best Confident Style: ZINUS Benton Sofa Couch
“Made from polyester fabric- tufted details- different shades of grey color- offer a confident look to the living room space”
Best High Construction: HONBAY Convertible L-Shaped Sectional Sofa Couch:
“Made of fabric and solid wood frame- fluffy back support- best serpentine springs usage- a great choice for people who looks for high construction sectionals”
Best Large Ottoman: Corner Sofa Sectional Futon 2-piece
“Made of artificial fabric, wood frame- metal mechanism- strong stability- best for large leather Ottoman”
Best Sofa Cover: Deep Dream Covers
“Made of high-quality polyester and velvet- Stain-resistant, crease-resistant, anti-sliding sofa covers perfect to all sectionals”
Top 11 Best Ottomans for Sectionals Review
Ottoman, itself is a name of pride and luxury. It comes in different shapes, sizes, and styles that are available in the market. There are various models, brands, and types of sectionals with or without ottoman but it may seem difficult to choose the right one with a modest look.
The reviews are going to enclose with you the sectionals that come with the right height, style, size, and shaped ottomans. It will definitely make your purchasing decision easier.
1) Shintenchi L-Shaped 3-seat Sectional Sofa Couch:
The Shintenchi Sectionals come with ottomans or end tables for an L-shaped sofa couch. The product dimensions are 77 L x 50 W x 24 H inches and it is made of fabric with a metal frame. The item’s weight is of44 pounds and its weight capacity is 660 lbs. It comes in dark grey color with a 3-seated capacity.
- The cushions are nice and firm which is comfortable for sitting.
- Its ergonomic design fits the curve of the back and relieves the pressure on the back.
- Offers a square-shaped ottoman that is movable and adjustable with the shape of the couch.
- The reversible chaise and versatile design make it fit for a small living room, apartment, and small space.
- Quality Wood and metal frame make it strong enough.
2) HONBAY Lift Top Rectangular Storage Ottoman Bench:
The HONBAY lift top storage ottoman is made of wood and fabric with a rectangular shape. The item’s dimensions are 45 L x 22.8 W x 17.7 H inches with a maximum weight capacity of 550 lbs. The item’s weight is 45.2 pounds with legs base type. It offers light grey color.
- The accent look of this rectangular-shaped ottoman gives stylish storage to the living room space.
- The finer wood and fabric make it quality furniture.
- The versatile design allows it to fit in the living room, bedroom, basement, or entryway. It’s one kind of storage chest.
- Wood makes the furniture extra strong.
- Lifting the top portion allows secret hidden storage, perfect for lanterns, first aid kids, blankets, etc.
- The linen stitched in the exterior and interior storage area ensures durability.
3) HONBAY Convertible L-Shaped Sectional Sofa Couch:
The HONBAY convertible sectionals are made of fabric and solid wood with serpentine springs. The item’s dimensions are 78.5 L x 30.3 W x 35 H inches with a weight of 104.3 pounds. The 3-seated convertible sectional has 660 lbs maximum weight capacity and offers dark grey color.
- Thicker and fluffy back cushions give much back support and provide comfortable sitting.
- The reversible sofa couch is a space saver.
- Its shape is perfect for living space, studio, or small space areas.
- The movable square-shaped ottoman is adjustable with the couch shape and freely match the home decor and favor.
- Solid wood, quality fabric, and serpentine springs ensure high construction.
- High strength steel coils covered by a layer of the Dacron makes the cushion durable. The cushion feels like traditional interior foam.
4) DHP Emily Sectional Futon Sofa Lounger Leather:
The DHP Emily sectional offers a minimalist modern design with metal legs and tufted details. It is made of Faux leather, velvet, and linen with metal legs. The item’s dimensions are 34.5 L x 70.5 W x 32 H inches with a weight of 144 pounds. Its maximum weight capacity is of 350 pounds and it is available in a variety of colors, especially black. After assembling and shipping, the dimensions are-
- Futon Dimensions: 71″L x 34″W x 32″H
- Sleeping Dimensions: 71″L x 43″W x 16″H.
- Chaise Dimensions: 61.5″L x 30.5″W x 32″H
- Futon Shipping Dimensions: 45″L x 36″W x 13″H
- Chaise Shipping Dimensions: 71″L x 32″W x 7″H
- It is a modern low profile design for multi-purpose piece furniture for small living space.
- Low profile means the futon can just about anywhere.
- The split-back design makes the item versatile.
- Sit up, lean back, lie down covert allows to use it as a sectional, or a futon.
- The leather material and metal legs make it durable, strong, and stable.
5) ZINUS Benton Sofa Couch:
The ZINUS Benton sofa couch is made of polyester fabric and wood and it offers grid tufted (Foam & Fiber) cushions The 3-seated couch offers stone grey, soft grey, dark grey colors. The item’s dimensions are 76.38 L x 30.71 W x 33.86 H inches with a weight of 91.7 pounds. It allows tool-free assembly and worth free one-year limited warranty and the maximum weight capacity of this couch is 750 lbs.
- The sophisticated grid tufting, rounded arms, supportive dense foam seating is comfortable to sit.
- The wood frame wrapped in supportive foam cushioning makes it strong.
- High-quality product material with a fine look allows a durable design.
- The removable cushions allow easy cleaning with a damp, clean cloth and detergent.
- The decent and handsome piece of work offers to fit with existing living room decor.
6) Corner Sofa Sectional Futon 2-piece:
The Corner L-shaped sectional sofa 2-piece is made of artificial fabric (PU) with a wood frame, and metal mechanism which is very rare to have. The item’s dimensions are 107 L x 75 W x 34.6 H inches with a weight of 109.6 pounds and it comes in the black color which is gorgeous enough to see. After assembling, the seat height is 18.9 inches. It is a recliner sectional with a large ottoman (72.5 inches longer chaise).
- It is a modern designing corner sectional that easily fits through the door and perfect for a corner and small space.
- The 3-seated sofa with the elastic sponges cushioned back and firm padding allows comfortability and lasts longer.
- It comes with a leather ottoman.
- A solid wood frame makes the structure strong.
- The 2-piece design offers multifunctional use as a sectional sofa or futon.
- The longer chaise gives more time to sleep.
- Waterproof and dustproof PU leather allows easy cleaning.
7) HONBAY Reversible L-Shape Sectional Sofa Couch:
The HONBAY reversible 4-seat sectional comes with a couch, made of wood and chenille fabric which offers a large area to sit. The dimensions of this particular product are 102 L x 55 W x 36.6 H inches and seat height is 19 inches. Couch Dimensions are 36.6” H x 102” W x 50” D and weight capacity is of 660 lbs. The sectional offers dark grey color with a square-shaped storage ottoman.
- The cushions and foam are nice and firm to confirm comfort.
- Chenille fabric and solid wood frame make it durable and strong.
- Couch with nail-head trim & storage bag and the sectional sofa with reversible chaise adds a fashionable appearance.
- Convertible sofa and storage ottoman allows multifunctional use.
- The upholstery is accented with jumbo stitch detailing and a tufted accent for a refined.
- A stylish look and perfect seating arrangement appeal with simple sophistication.
8) Walsunny Convertible Sectional with Reversible Chaise:
The Walsunny 3-seat convertible sectional comes in chocolate brown, dark grey, dark khaki colors which are made of fabric. The item’s dimensions are 77.55 L x 27.56 W x 35.43 H inches and seat height is 22.83 inches. The Couch’s weight capacity is 660 lbs.
- Reversible sectional allows space-saving.
- Sectional sofa with reversible chaise lounge offers to place the ottoman on any side.
- Adding cushions on the sofa helps comfortable sitting.
- Following the instructions, anyone can easily assemble it.
9) HONBAY Convertible Sectional Leather:
The HONBAY L-shaped 3-seat convertible sectional comes in black color. It is made of artificial leather with a wood frame. The item’s dimensions are 78.5 L x 30.3 W x 35 H inches with 105 lbs weight and after assembling, the seat height is 17.7 inches. The Sinus Springs S-shaped is used in the seatback, where they are clipped to the frame. Its maximum weight capacity is 710 lbs.
- A solid wood frame, using pocket coils makes the item structure strong.
- Good quality faux leather with other good construction materials offers high durability.
- The cushions are nice and firm, no worry about sinking in.
- This L-shaped leather sectional’s design makes it an apartment couch easily.
- Convertible sofa and movable leather ottoman allows the chaise to fit on any side and fresh up your living space.
- No tools are needed for assembling.
10) HONBAY Convertible Sectional Modern:
The HONBAY convertible sectional modern 3-seat comes in a grey color, made of fabric and wood. Its dimensions are 78.5 L x 35 W x 30.3 H inches and its weight is 105 pounds. After assembling, the seat height is 17.7 inches. Its maximum weight capacity is 660 lbs. The 3-seat sectional comes with a multifunctional ottoman.
- Soft, comfortable fabric with a solid wood frame allows durability and sturdiness which is comfortable for sitting.
- This 3-seat reversible sectional is perfect for small apartment, upstairs loft, etc.
- The shape of the sectional allows the ottoman position on any side to prefer your location choice.
- The cushions are well qualified and you should not worry about sinking in.
- The cushions have hook and loop bands to keep them in place.
- Ergonomic design gives it a fashionable appeal.
11) Deep Dream Sectional Sofa Covers:
The Deep Dream sectional slipcover protector comes in light coffee color. It is sold by the piece, not all set and the most popular 1-piece backrest or armrest size is 1pc/36”x36”. Its fabric type is velvet and polyester. It is high quality and best-reviewed slipcover by the customers.
- This quality cover protects furniture from spills, stains, pet hair, damage, and dust which is an awesome feature to have.
- Its aesthetic look design is excellent for homes with kids or pets.
- Allowing machine wash keeps the cleaning easy.
- High-quality fabric and construction offer long-lasting.
- Designed with anti-silicon rubber in the back to prevent sliding.
Summery of review
After an in-depth review of 11 ottoman we can say that:
1. Ottomans are a great way to add extra seating space to your sectional.
2. They can be used for storage or as an additional tray table.
3. Choose from a variety of colors, fabrics, and styles – an ottoman can increase any home’s design!
4. Give your living room that much-needed touch with an ottoman today!
5. Check out these other ideas for using ottomans in the living room.
6. Read more about what type of furniture is best for an apartment.
How to Choose the Best Ottomans for Sectionals?
Ottomans are a decent and elite piece of living room furniture for their structure and design. It offers the interior decor a complete look. Generally, the ottomans consist of a stuffed cushion with a top wooden frame for resting the feet.
There are countless variations of ottoman furniture available out there based on material, shape, size, and design. Anyone can easily figure out the ottoman category as a storage ottoman, ottoman coffee table, leather ottoman, fabric ottoman, round ottoman, rectangular ottoman, oversized ottoman, sectional with large ottoman, etc.
Finding the best ottoman for your sectionals, it is needed some practice and considerable points before the time of purchase.
Shapes of Ottoman: The square ottomans good fit with a sectional that has the same length on both sides, that is, a U-shaped sectional. Round ottomans are perfect with circular type of furniture sofas or sectionals. Rectangular ottomans are a good fit for L-shaped sectionals. If you need it for covering a long space, then a rectangular ottoman is the right choice. Otherwise, square or cube ottomans are the perfect consideration for a small space.
Size & Height of Ottomans: The height of the ottomans should be equal to the seat height of sectionals and if you are going to add it with a long sectional, then you may try to use two ottomans to prefer your existing decor. You may also use multiple round shape or cube shape smaller sized ottomans in front of your sofa or couch. 18 inches around all sides of the ottomans can be the right size to choose.
Material Specification: Ottoman can be made of fabric, leather, rattan, memory foam. Before making a purchase decision, think about your lifestyle- what to consider when choosing the best ottomans for Sectionals?
If you are having small children or pets, then you may go for a fabric-made ottoman. Because it is easily washable and offers durability. Fabric ottomans are all-rounder to match with any kind of interior.
For a rustic look or covering a large space, it is good to go with a leather ottoman. Leather is anti-tearing and robust material.
On the other hand, the Rattan ottoman is durable and light. Just need to keep away from extreme heat and humidity. For long-lasting use, treat it with occasional cleaning with a few brush strokes.
Although the Memory foam is a polyurethane material that offers elasticity and lightweight. It is a great choice for people with chronic foot pain. Moreover, it is budget-friendly. And, for easy maintenance, you may purchase good quality slipcovers like Deep Dream Slipcovers.
Variation in Design
- Table and Tray Ottomans
- Traditional Ottomans
- Storage Ottomans
- Glider Ottomans
- Console Table with Ottoman Accent
- Sleeper Ottomans
- Ottoman Coffee Tables
Well, before choosing an ottoman or sectional, again ask yourself some questions-
- How to Match a Coffee Table to Your Sectional?
- Is an L-shaped couch the same as a sectional sofa?
- Where do you place a sectional in a living room?
- Where do you place a coffee table with a sectional?
Now, you know how to choose the best ottomans for your sectionals that will match your taste, preferences, and interior decor of living space.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Before purchasing an ottoman, be sure about your need, taste, style, room decor, and existing interior. Then find out the shape, size, perfect height that will match with your sectionals, sofa, couch, lounger furniture. Generally, the ottomans are made of fabric, leather, memory foam with wood or metal support. If you have specific design and color preferences, then look for it which meets your pick. Check out the product dimensions, specifications, and what the customer says. After ensuring all of the things, make the purchase decision.
Yes, definitely. The ottoman, you want to buy should match your sofa. Basically, the height should be equal to the seat height of the sofa. If the specific color doesn’t exist, then it good to go for a light color, or black for an elegant, cozy look. You may try to match the ottoman’s shape with your sofa.
The sofa made of fabric, quality leather with wood or metal frame & legs offers sturdiness and longevity. The quality sectional should have a modern minimalist design that suits almost every modern home decor. It should have quality furnishing that can easily fit in your apartment, studio, or office room space.
The name “ottoman” is derived from a chieftain named Osman, who belongs to a tribe in Western Turkey (1700 AC). After some time, this low-lying bench (ottoman) had been seen in salons of Europe for the resting purpose of the feet.
The term (Ottoman) covers a wide range of styles and aristocracy. From that time, it is familiar being a padded bench and used with a sofa, chair, couch for extra seating and versatile look.
The modern ottoman design has come from the old padded bench that was used in the reign of the Ottoman Dynasty. So the low-lying, padded upholstered chair gets its name after the “Ottoman Empire” that ruled in Turkey.
My Top Picks
At the end of this article, you have the best piece of info to choose the best ottomans for sectionals or purchase a perfect couch, lounge, sofa, futon for your living room space.
Through my overall research and findings, my top picks (among all of the 11 best products) are-
● HONBAY Convertible Sectional Modern
● DHP Emily Sectional Lounger Leather
● HONBAY Convertible Sectional Leather
And for the sectional’s cover, the only best pick is Deep Dream Covers.
To wrap up my discussion, I hope now you can easily pick the best one according to your taste and preferences. All the products I have discussed, offer free shipping. Happy value for money Shopping!